Position Title: Events Coordinator
Location: Pier Park and Pockwood Pond
Direct Reports: Hourly Event Coordinators
We exist to draw out the purpose of entrepreneurs’ hearts through transformational training and mentorship, within an inspired culture that fosters connectivity and collaboration. Our event coordinator will be passionate about building an event management business unit, securing and hosting top-notch events, providing outstanding hospitality and setting the bar for flawless event execution.
Forge International is seeking a highly motivated event management professional to join our team. We are looking for an innovative thinker with experience in developing events that attract new customers, cross-sell to existing customers, and progresses pipelines to deliver outstanding results. The ideal candidate is strategic, has demonstrated experience in event marketing, lead and revenue generation, digital and social media surround planning, and facilities and hospitality management. Diligent follow-up, attention to detail, an ability to tell and sell the Forge story, are must-haves to be successful in the role. The ideal candidate will thrive in an exciting and evolving company, and will want to be a critical part of a scaling business.
- Market and sell Forge as premier space for entrepreneurial and professional events.
- Assists in creating and executing an end-to-end event strategy and activities which supports the objectives of our business.
- Deliver event experiences that differentiate Forge, allow direct prospect engagement with our offerings, and result in attendee conversion.
- Assist in curating on-campus events and programming that drive community engagement and educational opportunities for existing and potential members and students (i.e. innovation, startup development, web programming, financing, etc.).
- Translate business goals and objectives into marketing and event plans that deliver engagement, leads, pipeline, and revenue.
- Drive event revenue through member and partner lead generation, activation, and conversion.
- Assist in developing and delivering breakthrough ideas and innovative event activities / tactics that attract new members and drive engagement.
- Apply analytics and insights to better understand attendees, their behaviors and interests, and improve engagement – driving the continual optimization of future events, strategies and plans.
- Work to analyze and identify root cause and action plans to address event performance issues and drive continual improvement
- Hospitably engage event inquiries.
- Manage contracts, scheduling, and payment via event management software, (Tripleseat or the like)
- Assist in developing marketing strategy for events (newsletter content, social media plan, email nurture, etc.).
- Attend important events to manage relationships, ensure flawless execution, and represent Forge.
- Track, measure and report event performance against agreed-upon metrics.
- Manage the overall creation and execution of events on budget, on time and on target to a high degree of sponsor satisfaction.
- Assist in the purchasing and maintaining of event equipment
- Manage the scheduling of all events and the communications around said scheduling
- Assist in the hiring and managing of the part time event staff
- Communicate effectively, on a regularly scheduled cadence, to ensure stakeholder alignment.
- 3+ years of operations and events management experience, preferably in a fast-paced hotel, restaurant, or professional event planning environment
- Demonstrated experience driving revenue via marketing, outreach and sales
- Successful history of lead generation
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial skill-set, delivers hustle with a flourish
- Strong attention to detail, organizational planning, time management, and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for expert event planning, execution and measurement
- Budget development and tracking
Remuneration commensurate with experience and qualifications. Applications will be treated in strict confidence. Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Charisse Bowen firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted until position is filled.